MSK's 2nd Congress - Interventional Cancer Pain Symposium 2019 (Lecture Track) is organized by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) and will be held from Sep 13 - 14, 2019 at Mortimer B. Zuckerman Research Center, New York City, New York, United States of America.
MSK’s 2nd Congress of the Interventional Cancer Pain Symposium will provide an unparalleled experience for attendees involved in the treatment of oncologic pain patients. This year’s program will have an expanded experience in the fields of neurosurgery, rehabilitation, integrative medicine, supportive and palliative care, and interventional radiology for attendees. The advanced workshop will incorporate the ever-expanding role of neuromodulation in the treatment of the oncologic population. Additionally, a new emergency and perioperative medicine track will includes lectures and a regional anesthesia workshop on day 1 as well as a regional anesthesia cadaver workshop for anesthesia and emergency medicine health providers on day 2.
This course is intended for Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, Residents and Fellows interested in learning state-of-the-art interventional pain procedures for treating oncologic patients.
Day 1 Accreditation Statement
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 8.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Board of Anesthesiology® MOCA®
Maintenance of Certification in AnesthesiologyTM program and MOCA® are registered trademarks of The American Board of Anesthesiology®. This activity contributes to the CME component of the American Board of Anesthesiology’s redesigned Maintenance of Certification in AnesthesiologyTM (MOCA®) program, known as MOCA 2.0®. Please consult the ABA website, www.theABA.org, for a list of all MOCA 2.0 requirements. MOCA 2.0® is a trademark of The American Board of Anesthesiology®. Max credits 8.25.
Day 2 Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Dannemiller and WAPMU. Dannemiller is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Designation of Credit for Physicians
Dannemiller designates this live activity for a maximum of 9.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This year's program will have two tracks - a Lecture Track (Main Conference) and a Workshop Track. Please only register for one track. Additional details can be found below as well as on the course brochure.
Lecture Track: Main Conference (Fri.-Sat.)
Highlights of the main conference agenda will include the expanded role and treatment options offered by neurosurgery, interventional radiology, oncology, supportive care, rehabilitation and integrative medicine. We will also have breakout sessions for the increasing role of Nursing and Advanced Practice Providers in the management of oncologic pain patients.
Day 2 optional break out sessions:
- Innovations in Pain Medicine - Novel Research Series - This lecture series delves into new and interesting developments in pain medicine through an interactive lecture, panel, and discourse program.
- APP Lecture Series - The advanced practice provider course will focus on up-to-date strategies in managing pain in cancer patients. Innovations have improved the options for our patients and providers have the opportunity to learn from experts in the field of cancer pain medicine.
Workshop Track (Fri.-Sat.)
This year's technical workshops will be optimized to include sessions specifically designed in neuromodulation, intrathecal drug delivery, rehabilitation and complementary medicine. State-of-the-art techniques in fluoroscopy and ultrasound guidance will be available to all attendees who register for the advanced workshops.
Available workshop tracks - please select one at registration:
- Workshop Track 1: Cancer Pain Medicine - The audience will have lecture, live model, and hands-on cadaver experience in fluoroscopic and ultrasound guided cancer pain procedures. This workshop will cover novel techniques in neurostimulation and intrathecal drug delivery along with advanced ultrasound guided procedures.
- Workshop Track 2: Perioperative/ Emergency Medicine - A novel program specifically designed for Anesthesia and Emergency Medicine providers. This curriculum will focus on advanced ultrasound guided regional anesthesia techniques for the operating and emergency room (taught through live model and hands-on cadaver experience). Furthermore, difficult airway scenarios, point of care technologies, and diagnostic ultrasound techniques will be taught.
- Workshop Track 3: Peripheral Nerve Stimulation/Spine (PNS/Spine) - The field of peripheral nerve stimulation and regenerative medicine is rapidly changing, and this program will highlight these evolving fields. This workshop will emphasize ultrasound guided techniques in the use of peripheral nerve stimulators for pain patients and advanced ultrasound techniques in applying the newest technologies in regenerative medicine.
- Workshop Track 4: Musculoskeletal (MSK)/Regenerative Medicine - This workshop track is an introduction into ultrasound training for musculoskeletal injuries and regenerative medicine. Advanced regenerative medicine techniques will be discussed in the second half of the workshop.
Day 1 is accredited by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and held at:
Zuckerman Research Center
417 East 68th Street
New York, NY
Day 2 is accredited by Dannemiller and WAPMU and held at:
New York Marriott Marquis
New York, NY
Please see the 'Hotel' tab above for more information.