2021 Memorial Sloan Kettering Critical Care Symposium
Organized by : Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC)
Specialties : Anesthesiology, Pediatrics Critical Care, Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care, Surgical Critical Care, Hospital Medicine, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistants, Respiratory Therapists
Fee : Free
2021 Memorial Sloan Kettering Critical Care Symposium is organized by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. This live virtual symposium will be held fully web-beased on April 12, 2021.
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, respiratory therapists, physicians and other healthcare professionals interested in critical care.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This Course has been approved for a maximum of 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
This one day virtual symposium is designed to provide a general overview of various critical care topics. The afternoon will consist of three breakout sessions: Ultrasonography, Pediatrics, and Respiratory Therapy.
Optional Afternoon Breakout Sessions:
• Ultrasound Breakout: Point of care ultrasound is now an indispensable tool for emergency and critical care providers. This breakout session is aimed at helping providers gain a foundational understanding of point of care ultrasonography and basic skills to acquire and interpret ultrasound images.
• Respiratory Breakout: Respiratory care is at the mainstay of modern critical care medicine. Our breakout session is aimed at helping providers gain knowledge in various ventilator modes and other modalities such as bronchoscopy, HFNC, and noninvasive ventilation.
• Pediatric Breakout: This breakout session is designed to present the latest professional topics and provide up-to-date clinical care in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
• Identify the various therapeutic regimes for community acquired (CAP), hospital acquired (HAP), and ventilator acquired pneumonia (VAP)
• Identify signs and symptoms of spinal cord compression
• Decipher common abnormalities on various radiology examinations
• Ultrasound Breakout: Understand the basic indications of point of care ultrasonography
• Ultrasound Breakout: Understand the basic principles of vascular, thoracic and cardiac point of care ultrasonography
• Respiratory Breakout: Describe common modes of ventilation, frequently used ventilator settings, and troubleshooting
• Respiratory Breakout: Discuss the basic principles and strategies to improve ventilation and oxygenation in critically ill patients
• Pediatric Breakout: Review pediatric airway complications and provider management
• Pediatric Breakout: Discuss the diagnosis and management of pediatric delirium
Live Virtual Format:
This live virtual program will be delivered using Zoom. We encourage all attendees to download the Zoom app prior to the start of the course (zoom.us/download). CME credit will be offered for this live virtual program. Detailed access and credit instructions will be emailed to attendees prior to the start of the course.
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ : 7.75
Social Media Info :
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine