This conference has been CANCELLED.
Pearls, Pitfalls & Protocols: Spring Imaging Update is organized by Penn Medicine - Department of Radiology and will be held from Mar 23 - 27, 2020 at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States of America.
This course is designed for radiologists in clinical practice or in training.
This program will focus on practical imaging issues to improve image interpretation across a wide range of common and uncommon clinical scenarios. Novel and cutting-edge imaging ‘protocols’ will be discussed highlighting potential ‘pitfalls.’ Selected topics in neuroradiology, abdominal, breast, thoracic, musculoskeletal and pediatric radiology will be covered. There will be daily case conferences emphasizing ‘misses and misinterpretations’ with an opportunity to earn 20 SAM credits (80% of the ABR requirement for three years).
• Apply the current advances in radiology for accurate image interpretation of adult and pediatric diseases of the brain, neck, chest, abdomen, and joints
• Design and implement appropriate imaging protocols that optimize diagnostic accuracy and minimize radiation exposure, particularly in the pediatric population
• Learn about the role of "supplemental breast screening" in women with dense breast tissue, utilizing "abbreviated breast MRI"
• Identify high yield diagnoses throughout multiple specialties of radiology
• Review common imaging artifacts, anatomic variants, and critical diagnoses and make appropriate management recommendations