Board Review Course & Update (BRCU) 2019 is organized by American Society of Nephrology (ASN) and will be held from Jul 20 - 25, 2019 at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America.
Senior Nephrologists: Practicing nephrologists in all key areas of the specialty. The course also benefits pediatric nephrologists, intensivists, and hospitalists.
Board Examination Participants: Individuals are thoroughly prepared for upcoming certification and recertification exams.
Nephrology Fellows: Fellows seeking a detailed outline and discussion of what their current fellowship program should include.
FASN Candidates: The 65.25 CME credit hours earned at the BRCU can be applied towards the 70 hours required to qualify for FASN status.
Accreditation and CME Credit Designation
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
ASN designates this live activity for a maximum of 65.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC Statement
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 65.25 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
BRCU is the best way to sharpen your knowledge and review key nephrology concepts. Interactive case discussions are incorporated into lectures and panel Q&A sessions to help provide a comprehensive and indispensable update for practicing nephrologists. Each topic and its time allocation are patterned after the ABIM nephrology examination, giving you the most efficient preparation. Through this course, you will be able to interpret the fundamental concepts of nephrology in the areas of:
• Kidney Function and Structure
• Sodium and Water Abnormalities
• Glomerular and Vascular Disorders
• Acid-Base and Potassium Disorders
• Tubular, Interstitial, and Cystic Disorders
• CKD and ESRD
• AKI and ICU Nephrology
• Calcium, Phosphorus, and Magnesium Disorders and Stones
• Bone and Mineral Metabolism
• Kidney Transplantation
• Interpret the fundamental concepts of nephrology in the areas of kidney function and structure; fluid and electrolyte disorders; glomerular and vascular disorders; potassium and acid base; tubulointerstitial disorders and nephrolithiasis; CKD, ESRD, and dialysis; hypertension; AKI, ICU nephrology, and pharmacology; bone and mineral metabolism; and transplantation;
• Formulate diagnostic and therapeutic options for the management of kidney diseases; and
• Test individual medical practice competence against a series of simulated patient/case scenarios.
(Core Competencies: Patient Care and Medical Knowledge)
|Contact No. :||202-640-4660
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Nonmember Early Fee||20 Jun,2019||USD 1795.00|
|Nonmember Conference Fee||19 Jul,2019||USD 1895.00|
|ASN Member Early Fee||20 Jun,2019||USD 1395.00|
|ASN Member Conference Fee||19 Jul,2019||USD 1495.00|
|ASN Fellow-in-Training Member Early Fee||20 Jun,2019||USD 995.00|
|ASN Fellow-in-Training Member Conference Fee||19 Jul,2019||USD 1095.00|