European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the world’s leading research institutions, and Europe’s flagship laboratory for the life sciences.
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory is an intergovernmental organization specializing in basic research in the life sciences with 21 member states, three prospect and two associate member states.
The cornerstones of EMBL's mission are to:
• Perform basic research in molecular biology
• Train scientists, students and visitors at all levels
• Offer vital services to scientists in the member states
• Develop new instruments and methods
• Actively engage in technology transfer
• and to integrate European life science research