Normal Carotid Anatomy and Physiology is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GUI) Inc and will be held during Jan 10, 2017 - Jan 10, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is Physicians, nurse practitioners, PAs, sonographers, or other medical professionals performing carotid artery examinations. Physician participants may include (but are not limited to): vascular surgeons, critical care, hospitalists, internal medicine, and primary care physicians. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
This CME Vital will provide an overview of Carotid Artery anatomy and physiology. Additionally, the Circle of Willis will also be discussed and reviewed.
• The function of the Carotid Artery
• Normal Anatomy & Physiology of:
• Common Carotid Artery
• Internal Carotid Artery
• External Carotid Artery
• Subclavian Artery
• Vertebral Artery
• Circle of Willis
Conference Objectives are :
• Recognize normal carotid artery anatomy and sonographic signatures.
• Cite the branches of the aortic arch.
• Differentiate the internal carotid artery from the external carotid artery.
• Cite the main distributors of blood supply to the brain and upper extremities.
• Identify the branches that constitute the Circle of Willis.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.