Vestibular & Oculomotor Rehabilitation for Children is organized by Motivations Inc. and will be held from Dec 07 - 08, 2019 at Methodist Children's Hospital, San Antonio, Texas, United States of America.
Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Assistants.
15 hours or .15 or 15 CEUs
This two day course provides an overview of evidence based practice for vestibular and oculomotor related impairments in children. Didactic content includes a detailed review of the anatomy, physiology and development of the Vestibular System, the epidemiology of vestibular dysfunction in children, diagnostic and clinical testing of vestibular function, and examination and evaluation of, and intervention for, for vestibular related impairments in children with peripheral (i.e. BPVC, hypofunction or loss) or central (i.e. ADHD, DCD, concussion, CP) deficits. Intervention for postural control impairments, vision impairments, BBPV, gaze stability and more will be learned through hands-on demonstration and training of examination techniques and intervention are included. Case reviews and discussion are used to facilitate application of presented materials.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
• Identify at least 3 anatomical and physiological mechanisms underlying impairments related to vestibular dysfunction in children.
• Appropriately interpret the results of at least 3 clinical tests in a person with vestibular dysfunction.
• Given examination results, correctly identify the vestibular function status (central and peripheral)of a person with vestibular dysfunction.
• Identify at least 4 diagnoses commonly known to affect vestibular function in children.
• Select at least 3 appropriate interventions for vision/balance impairments related to a specific identified vestibular dysfunction in children.
• Given a case presentation, justify the differential diagnosis of vestibule-ocular and/or vestibulospinal function in an infant, child or adolescent.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Individual Single Registration fee||06 Dec,2019||USD 495.00|
|Association Member of APTA, AOTA, NATA, ASHA, SCARF, or ATRI, etc fee||06 Dec,2019||USD 456.00|
|Consortium Group Discount - Register your facility today. 5 or more fee||06 Dec,2019||USD 395.00|
Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Medical Center,
8585 Marriott Dr,
San Antonio, Texas, United States of America 78229,
Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest Medical Center,
9806, I-10, San Antonio,
San Antonio, Texas, United States of America 78240,
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news