In-Person EventMar 12 - 15, 2017Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
4th Annual Conference on Neonatology and The Law is organized by Contemporary Forums and would be held during Mar 12 - 15, 2017 at The LINQ Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event basically for Attorneys, Case Managers, Claims/Risk Managers, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Hospital Administrators, Hospital General Counsel, Legal Nurse Consultants, Neonatologists, Neonatal Nurses/Nurse, Practitioners, Perinatal Nurses/Nurse Practitioners. This CME conference has been approved with 26 CE hours.
Conference Objectives :
Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Apply increased knowledge of the interface between medical care and the legal system in your daily practice.
• Identify risks associated with discharging the NICU patient, unexpected complications for new technologies, and use and abuse of the Apgar Score.
• Recognize the evolving legal and financial implications of health care acquired conditions.
• Identify effective strategies to increase patient safety and quality.
• Discuss clinical management strategies that reduce complications and risks associated with hypoglycemia, therapeutic hypothermia, respiratory care, hypovolemia and NEC.
• Explain the basics of a lawsuit and the roles of the parties, attorneys, expert witnesses, judge and jury.