The EMBO Meeting is an annual event held in Europe to promote the life sciences and the exchange of scientific results. The meeting encourages scientists to look beyond their own fields, engage with the international scientific community and explore interdisciplinary approaches to research in the life sciences. Participants experience new perspectives on topics that cover the entire range of the life sciences from studies of molecules and the cell all the way up to investigation of larger, complex biological systems.
• Brings together some of the best researchers in the life sciences in an informal setting
• Speakers range from young group leaders to Nobel laureates
• An interdisciplinary forum that provides researchers with an opportunity to meet scientists from outside their own field
• A dedicated career day for PhDs and postdoctoral researchers that offers access to counseling and training in specific skills
• Possibility to discuss publishing issues with editors of scientific journals
• Discussions on science and society as well as science policy issues, for example open access publishing, the role of science in advising politics, and excellence versus inclusion in research funding
Participant range: graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, young investigators, later stage researchers, PI's, group leaders and senior scientists from all areas of the life sciences.
early student until 8 June: EUR 250
early academic until 8 June: EUR 460
early regular until 8 June: EUR 675