Update on Domestic Violence Course
Update on Domestic Violence Course is organized by Baptist Health South Florida.
Course opens: 07/14/2020
Course expires: 01/31/2021
Baptist Health South Florida designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course satisfies two hour domestic violence continuing education relicensure requirement for Florida allopathic physicians, podiatrists, psychologists, advanced practice registered nurses and nurses.
• Identify domestic violence victims and perpetrators in clinical practice.
• Determine the number of patients in a doctor’s office who are likely to be victims of domestic violence and the number who are likely to be perpetrators of domestic violence.
• Recognize the cycle of violence, and assess where the patient’s domestic violence relationship fits into the cycle.
• Explain the legal system process experienced by victims and perpetrators.
• Differentiate domestic violence courts from others in the judicial system.
• Appropriately refer patients who are victims of domestic violence to counseling, victim support groups and protection services.
• Utilize resources in the local community, such as domestic violence centers and other advocacy groups that provide legal aid, shelter, victim counseling, or child protection services.
- CME : 2
Allopathic Physicians, Osteopathic Physicians, Psychologists (Instructional Level: Intermediate), Podiatrists, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses licensed in the State of Florida.
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine