SHC Protecting the Mental Health of Sharp HealthCare Physicians is organized by Sharp HealthCare.
Release Date: May 21, 2021
Expiry Date: June 06, 2024
Target Audience :
Specialties - All Specialties
Medical systems tend to focus only on the extreme cases of physician burnout, so it automatically implies that there is something wrong with the person suffering from it. We tend to miss the big picture: This person is working at a certain place with certain people and under certain conditions and requirements. Put simply burnout is a stress reaction to the environment around us! So it is both a system and an individual issue.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
• Explain the impact of the pandemic and other global stressors on the mental health of the Sharp HealthCare workforce.
• Recognize the stigma associated with acknowledging and seeking support for mental health.
• Discuss the importance of "Check" to increase awareness of where you and your team fall on the mental health continuum.
• Utilize the appropriate Stress First Aid tools to promote wellness.
• Locate the Sharp HealthCare wellness resources available to you and your team.