Registered Musculoskeletal Sonographer (RMSKS) Registry Review is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc. and will be held from Nov 06, 2017 - Nov 06, 2020. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 16.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Sonographers, clinicians and other medical professionals preparing to take the MSK(S) Ultrasound Certification Examination. Participants may include those involved in: Radiology, Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Rheumatology, PM & R, Pain Management, Emergency Medicine, Primary Care, Internal Medicine, and Chiropractics
Registered Musculoskeletal Sonographer (RMSKS) Registry Review Online Course is designed to prepare the sonographer to successfully take the RMSKS Ultrasound Registry exam. Upper and lower extremity joints are covered in detail along with two (2) mock examinations. All presentations include anatomy/physiology, scan protocols and normal sonographic characteristics, pathology, integration of data and treatment/interventional techniques. The program is ideal for examination preparation, reinforcement of interpretation skills to improve competence and confidence to perform and/or interpret MSK ultrasound examinations.
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Shoulder
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Shoulder Pathology
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Elbow
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Elbow Pathology
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Hip
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Hip Pathology
• Intervention and Treatment Options: Shoulder, Elbow, and Hip
• Mock Exam #1: Shoulder, Elbow & Hip
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Foot and Ankle
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Foot and Ankle Pathology
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Hand/Wrist With Pathology - Two Parts
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Knee With Pathology - Two Parts
• Intervention/Treatment options: Foot/Ankle, Hand/Wrist, and Knee
• Mock Exam #2: Foot/Ankle, Hand/Wrist, and Knee
• Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret MSK ultrasound examinations.
• Outline appropriate transducer selection, system optimization, and identify commonly seen artifacts associated with MSK ultrasound.
• State scanning protocols for performing shoulder, elbow, wrist/hand, knee, ankle, foot and hip ultrasound examinations.
• Identify normal anatomy during musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging.
• Recognize ultrasound characteristics of commonly seen pathology of the shoulder, knee, elbow, wrist hand, ankle, foot, and hip.
• Outline the use of MSK sonography for diagnosis and treatment options, including ultrasound-guided interventions.
• Integrate all patient and imaging data for effective analysis of examination results.
• Identify areas of that may require further study
• Increase knowledge and competence for successful registry examination completion.
Musculo Skeletal system, Sonography