Foundations of Risk Management: Dentistry, 2nd Edition Course is organized by Medical Risk Management, Inc. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 8 CE credits.
Course Release Date: 1/1/2012
Course Expiration Date: 12/31/2021
This course is designed for dentists who want practical ways to limit their liability and improve patient safety.
Risk management is not just about avoiding malpractice suits. It’s also about learning to recognize and address the communication and documentation lapses that give rise to unwanted surprises, poor outcomes, and dissatisfied patients. As we’ll see, doing so will not only make your patients happier, it will improve the quality of dental services you deliver.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Analyze a case scenario to determine whether it meets the crite-ria for malpractice.
• Discuss four communication factors that often contribute to malpractice cases.
• Identify areas of potential risk in the dental office.
• Discuss the process of obtaining informed consent.
• Identify common problems with dental treatment records.
• Delineate a dentist’s various duties to patients.
• Handle difficult patient encounters appropriately.
• Respond appropriately when you make a clinical error that caus-es harm to a patient.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Risk Management and Medical Negligence, Dentistry