CME : 15
Contact Hours : 15
Focus on Neuropsychiatry Solving Clinical Challenges, Improving Patient Care is organized by Global Academy for Medical Education, LLC. This course will be held from Aug 12 - 15, 2020.
The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology has reviewed the Current Psychiatry/AACP 2020 Focus on Neuropsychiatry and has approved this program as part of a comprehensive CME program, which is mandated by the ABPN as a necessary component of maintenance of certification (MOC). The activity awards 15 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ (including pre-conference workshops) and 8 Self-Assessment Category 1 CME credits.
Physician Continuing Medical Education:
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 15 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ (9.5 for the general sessions and 5.5 for attending the pre-conference workshops). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Nursing Education
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 15 (9.5 for the general sessions and 5.5 for attending the pre-conference workshops) contact hours.
This year's program also offers optional Addiction, Medical Cannabis and Telepsychiatry workshops.
This highly practical, educational meeting will explore brain-behavior in an interactive, learning-focused format.
Our nationally renowned faculty will present recent advances and emerging trends in the assessment, treatment and monitoring of patients with neuropsychiatric disorders. The clinical emphasis on neuropsychiatry will be the focus throughout.
Live General CME Sessions:
• August 12, 2020 | 5:30 Pm – 9:00 Pm ET
• August 13, 2020 | 5:30 Pm – 9:00 Pm ET
• August 14, 2020 | 5:30 Pm – 9:00 Pm ET
Optional CME Conference Workshops (August 15, 2020)
• 10:00 am - 12:00 pm ET | Telepsychiatry Workshop | (1.50 Additional CME/CE credits)
• 12:15 pm - 2:15 pm ET | Addiction Workshop | (2.0 Additional CME/CE credits)
• 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm ET | Medical Cannabis Workshop | (2.0 Additional CME/CE credits)
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
• Discuss the latest research on the neurobiological mechanisms and emerging treatments for depression and treatment-resistant depression.
• Discuss the processes by which the microbiome and gut-brain axis are operative in neuropsychiatric disorders.
• Discuss the bidirectional relationship between sleep disorders and neuropsychiatric disorders.
• Outline the spectrum of treatment modalities for sleep disorders and integrate practice guidelines for their treatment.
• Discuss current knowledge regarding the neuroanatomic and neurobiologic underpinnings of aggression and impulsivity.
• Apply evidence-based data to diagnose and manage patients with aggression and impulsivity.
• Identify hormones and medications that have been associated with negative consequences on fetal and neonatal brain development and functioning
• Frame the treatment of psychiatric disorders during pregnancy from the standpoint of reproductive safety when considering pharmacotherapies
• Identify multiple and patient-centered variables in treatment selection for pregnant and reproductive-aged women with psychiatric disorders
• Develop strategies for screening and treatment of perinatal or postpartum depression and mood episodes in women with bipolar disorder
• Explain the presentation and treatment of postpartum psychosis
• Discuss anxiety disorders in youth and their treatments
• Perform a differential diagnosis for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder across childhood and adolescence
• Evaluate current and emerging treatment strategies for attention deficit hyperactivity disorders in children
This activity is designed for neuropsychiatrists, child and general psychiatrists, adolescent psychiatrists, geriatric psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, psychologists, social workers, and other mental health professionals interested in treating patients with neuropsychiatric disorders.
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine