A Contemporary Approach to Prostate and Renal Pathology
A Contemporary Approach to Prostate and Renal Pathology is organized by Opus Medicus, Inc.
Last Review Date: 24-Nov-2018
Expiration Date: 23-Nov-2021
The target audience for this medical event is Pathologists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
This course reviews the prostate cancer Gleason Grading System and modifications, and the 2014 International Society of Urological Pathology (ISUP) Consensus Conference new grading scheme. It reviews how to interpret volume in biopsy cores and prostatic intraductal carcinoma versus invasive cribriform carcinoma. This course also updates the WHO classification of renal cell carcinoma (RCC), including detailed descriptions of clear cell (tubulo)papillary RCC, acquired cystic disease-associated RCC, tubulocystic RCC, succinate dehydrogenase deficient RCC, hereditary leiomyomatosis RCC, and reviews familial syndromes with epithelial kidney tumors.
• Gleason grading system and modifications
• ISUP Gleason Grading Consensus Meeting in 2005
• Active Surveillance and triggers to treat
• 2012 Working Group and Consensus Statement on Gleason Grading System
• 2014 Prostate and ISUP Consensus Conferences
• Intraductal Carcinoma of the Prostate
• Invasive cribriform prostatic carcinoma
• 2014 ISUP Consensus Conference: New Grading Scheme
• How to interpret tumor volume of cores
• WHO classification of renal cell carcinomas (RCC): update
• Clear cell (tubulo)papillary RCC
• Acquired cystic disease-associated RCC
• Tubulocystic RCC
• Familial syndromes with epithelial kidney tumors
• Succinate Dehydrogenase deficient RCC
• Hereditary Leiomyomatosis RCC
After completing this course physicians are expected to have improved understanding of:
• Prostate cancer, the Gleason Grading System, and the new grading system from the 2014 Consensus Conference.
• Kidney cancer and the 2004 and 2016 WHO Adult Renal Cell Carcinoma classification systems.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- CME : 2
- MOC : 2
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine