2-hour On-Demand: Longevity & Diet
2-hour On-Demand: Longevity & Diet is organized by CE International.
Who Should Take This Course:
Pharmacists, Dietitians, Nursing professionals, Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy professionals, and other medical professionals.
Course Credit: 2 Contact Hours
Is there such a thing as a longevity diet? Increasingly, studies suggest the answer is yes. Around the world, certain groups of people enjoy exceptionally long lives. Statistics show that those who typically eat vegetarian diets outlive their neighbors by four to seven years on average. Why are some groups more lucky than others? A growing body of evidence suggests that diet is one of the important contributors to longevity and healthy living. This course explores the current body of evidence on the relationship between diet and longevity. The following diets will be covered: Mediterranean diet, Alkaline diet, Japanese diet, Vegetarian diet, CR (calorie restriction) science, and Blue Zones - diet and lifestyle for longevity. Additionally, the updated dietary guidelines will be reviewed.
• Explain how dietary patterns influence behavior and risk for diseases
• Discuss how dietary macronutrient intake impacts physical health.
• Describe how addiction to sweet, fatty, and salty foods promotes obesity and disease.
• List the diets shown to enhance longevity and prevent disease.
• State how the information in this course can be utilized to improve patient care and patient outcomes.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- Contact Hours : 2
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 1 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine