The Opioid Epidemic is organized by AchieveCE. This course has been approved for a maximum of 2.0 Contact Hours.
• Registered Nurse (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
• Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
• Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
This course discusses what opiates and opioids are, the prevalence of drug abuse and drug-related deaths in the US, withdrawal, symptoms and treatment.
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:
• Discuss the increasing prevalence of opioids in drug abuse and drug-related deaths in the United States
• Distinguish the difference between opiates and opioids
• Name examples of opioids, both natural and synthetic
• Identify the primary factor contributing to the rise of opioid abuse in the United States
• Name the new diagnosis designated to opioid abuse and/or dependence in the DSM V
• Identify signs of opioid abuse
• Identify signs of opioid overdose
• Discuss opioid withdrawal and identify likely signs of this
• Name the three symptoms signs found in the opioid overdose triad
• Discuss the initial treatment of an opioid overdose
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.