702: Critical and Long-Term Ailments: COPD/Respiratory Emergencies (N) is organized by Medical Education Systems (MedEdSys), Inc. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 20 CEUs.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to: COPD
• Define and discuss what is meant by the term “COPD”
• Identify the symptoms, describe their frequency and prevalence in the U.S.
• Describe the current guidelines for physician care and COPD management
• Identify the study’s major conclusion, including the need for better education
• Name three diseases associated with breathing emergencies
• Name three breathing devices and the expected oxygen delivery each provides
• Describe the emergency management of choking and airway obstruction
• Describe the emergency treatment of the drowning and near the drowning patient
• Describe the emergency treatment of patients with carbon monoxide poisoning