The Difficult Airway Course: Anesthesia (Sep 17 - 19, 2021)
The Difficult Airway Course: Anesthesia is organized by Airway Management Education Center (AMEC) and will be held from Sep 17 - 19, 2021 at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, San Diego, California, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 17.75 CME Credits.
The Difficult Airway Course: Anesthesia is intended for anesthesia-trained healthcare providers including
Anesthesiologists, Nurse Anesthetists and Anesthesiologist Assistants.
The Difficult Airway Course: Anesthesia was created by practicing international experts in Anesthesiology, Critical Care and Human Factors and based upon landmark publications that have materially advanced our understanding of difficult and failed airway management. This advanced program is designed to enhance existing skills in four crucial areas: difficult airway & awake intubation, failed airway & open cricothyrotomy, safe extubation & airway exchange catheters, and crisis team leadership & communication. Our hands-on, intensely interactive approach to learning emphasizes the evidence, reinforces skills and provides the assurance of being at the leading edge of airway management.
Purpose & Objectives:
This course is designed to provide participants with state-of-the-art information and hands-on experience with the most critical elements of airway management to ensure effective and appropriate management of the airway. Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Perform an airway assessment to predict difficulty
• Describe the key elements of the difficult airway.
• Describe the steps of awake intubation.
• Identify a failed airway.
• Demonstrate proper surgical airway management techniques.
• Describe when and how to use an airway exchange catheter.
• Demonstrate safe extubation and tube exchange techniques.
• Use communication and team leadership techniques to optimize airway management.
• Demonstrate assessment and decision-making in a variety of airway management scenarios.
Setting the Standard:
Thousands of physicians world-wide come to our course for intensive training in the most critical elements of difficult airway management. Highlights include:
• Instruction by a world-class faculty of airway experts with an unparalleled passion for teaching.
• Content, techniques and “pearls” that benefit even the most experienced providers.
• Hands-on sessions featuring challenging Code AirwayTM stations.
• Focus on difficult airway management, difficult extubation, failed airway management and crisis team leadership.
• Dynamic and interactive learning environment.
Hands-On Training in Crucial Airway Techniques:
• Awake Intubation — When & How
• Topical Anesthesia
• Open Cricothyrotomy
• Extubation and Tube Exchange
• Crisis Team Leadership
• Video Laryngoscopy
• Flexible Endoscopic Intubation
• Lighted and Fiberoptic Intubating Stylets and Guides
• Techniques for the Obese Patient
• Simulation Case Reinforcing Cognitive Information
• Up-to-Date Evidence
- CME : 17.75
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine