Paediatric Epilepsy Training (PET2) Course is organized by British Paediatric Neurology Association (BPNA) and will be held from Feb 23 - 24, 2021 at Singapore, Singapore, Singapore.
Who Is This Course For?
PET2 has been developed to improve practice within childhood epilepsies. It is suitable for those involved in delivering secondary level care to children with epilepsy.
• Consultant paediatricians and community paediatricians, especially those with particular expertise or responsibility for children with epilepsy
• General practitioners who have, or are developing, an expertise in paediatric epilepsy
• Consultant neurophysiologists
• Epilepsy nurse specialists
• Trainees in paediatrics, paediatric neurology and neurodisability, but only after undertaking a PET1 course
CPD Points: 12
PET2 has been developed to improve practice within childhood epilepsies. It is a 2-day course, consisting of lectures and interactive workshops.
PET2 concentrates on general aspects of the epilepsies (history taking, differential diagnosis, investigation etc) and epilepsies encountered in infants and young children. PET3 concentrates on epilepsies presenting in older children and adolescents. Paediatricians managing children with epilepsy should attend PET1, PET2 and PET3.
By the end of PET2, participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate the wide differential diagnosis in paroxysmal events in children and young people
• Improve diagnostic accuracy and gain insight into uncertainty
• Explore the differential diagnosis within epilepsies
• Introduce a structured approach to considering epileptic seizures and epilepsies
• Gain improved understanding of EEG reports
• Understand the association between epilepsy and learning difficulties, autism, and cerebral palsy
• Optimise initial treatment choices
• Consider the wide spectrum of epileptic seizures, electroclinical syndromes and non-epileptic events in infancy
• Review the clinical features and management of West Syndrome
• Understand blank episodes and epilepsies with absence seizures
• Improve knowledge of common 'focal epilepsy syndromes'
• Know the criteria for involvement of a paediatric neurologist
• Understand the concept of an epileptic encephalopathy
• Establish aims and approach to 'difficult epilepsies'
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Course Fee||22 Feb,2021||SGD 600.00|
|Allied health professionals/nurse/trainee Fee||22 Feb,2021||SGD 500.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news