Golden Isles Wellness Weekend: The Medicine of Nutrition, Movement and Mindfulness is organized by Clean Your Plate, Inc. and will be held from Feb 21 - 23, 2020 at The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort, Saint Simons Island, Georgia, United States of America.
• Golden Isles Wellness Weekend 2020 approved by SGHS for this activity for a maximum of 13 AMA PRA CAT 1 credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
• Physical Therapy Association of Georgia designates this live activity for 13 Continuing Competency Hours (CEUs)
This three day weekend conference, presented by experts in a wide variety of medical fields that lends a depth and breadth to the conference material, will provide participants with evidence-based content addressing the latest innovations in lifestyle medicine including interactive movement and cutting edge culinary medicine. Learn how to build resilience in yourself, patients and community. Keynote speakers are from the renowned Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and The Medical College of Georgia.
Format: Lecturers and workshops:
○ Plant Forward: Convenience Without Compromising Nutrients
○ Tackling The Myths of Food Nutrition, Preservation, and Preparation; and
○ Physical Activity for the Busy Person: Easy and Effective Ways to Challenge Yourself
○ Understanding Mindfulness and Its Effects on the Body and the Brain). Half day sessions leave afternoons free for exploring beautiful coastal Georgia, relaxing, and having fun with family and friends (while registering be sure to checkout the several fun optional activities planned).
• Practical implementation of LifeStyle Medicine
• Role of medical cannabis in clinical practice: Truths and mysteries
• Healthcare professional burnout prevention and addressing mental health in the modern era
• Nature therapy: A Clinician’s guide
• Safety in personal care products use
• Herbal medicine: Truth vs fiction
• The pathophysiology of yoga and mindfulness
• The science behind high intensity interval training
• Connecting massage therapy and physical therapy for mobility increase
• Environment and genes: What is affecting personal health and what can be changed
• Food is Medicine model: Recent controversies
|Contact No. :|
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Physician - Registration Fee||20 Feb,2020||USD 685.00|
|Healthcare Professional - Registration Fee||20 Feb,2020||USD 585.00|
|Non-Healthcare Professional or Student - Registration Fee||20 Feb,2020||USD 385.00|