AOTrauma Course - Managing Pediatric Fractures is organized by AOTrauma and will be held from Feb 29 - Mar 02, 2020 at Assila Hotel Jeddah, Jeddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia.
This course is for traumatologists, orthopedic surgeons, and other surgeons who are actively engaged in pediatric fracture care and who want to enhance their level of expertise in this field. Ideally, participants have completed the AO Trauma Course-Basic Principles of Fracture Management. They must be able to communicate appropriately in English.
The goal of the course:
The AO Trauma Course—Managing Pediatric Musculoskeletal Injuries aims to create a clinically centered learning environment where the current principles and techniques of fracture management in children and adolescents are demonstrated, applied, and discussed. In this course, modern concepts in pediatric fracture care are covered. During the practical exercises, participants will practice the methods presented and discussed in this course.
The unique format of the course provides key lectures, practical exercises, closed roundtable discussions, and open plenary discussions in an interactive environment. Related topics are explored and current surgical and nonsurgical treatment for pediatric fractures are evaluated, with emphasis on preventing complications.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Recognize how bone characteristics and fracture classification are different in children and adolescents compared with adults, and describe how this affects bone healing and fracture management
• Evaluate a range of nonsurgical and surgical options for the treatment of common pediatric fractures
• Manage pediatric fractures according to biological and mechanical principles and apply appropriate techniques and technologies
• Apply treatment strategies for pediatric fractures based on available evidence and discuss areas of controversy
• Provide strategies for the prevention and management of complications associated with pediatric fractures
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $1,125.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news