This conference has been CANCELLED.
25th Annual Primary Care in Paradise is organized by Scripps Conference Services & CME. The session will commence from Mar 31 - Apr 02, 2020, at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, Maui, Hawaii, United States of America.
Who should Attend
• Family Medicine
• Internal Medicine
• General Practitioners
Scripps Health assigns this live session for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians can claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Academy of Family Physicians
This Live activity, 25th Annual Primary Care in Paradise, with a beginning date of 03/30/2020, is reviewed and satisfactory for up to 16.00 Designated credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians can claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the session.
ABIM MOC Points
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, allows the attendee to gain up to 16 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Members will earn MOC points commensurate to the amount of CME credits required for the activity. It is the responsibility of the CME activity provider to submit an attendees' complete information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
American Osteopathic Association
CME activities certified for AAFP credit are sanctioned by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
This course is approved for 16 CE credits. The number of credits that may be petitioned toward Pharmacology will be confirmed after the conference materials have been reviewed by our pharmacist.
College of Family Physicians of Canada
Members of the College of Family Physicians of Canada are qualified to receive 16 Certified or Non-Certified Mainpro+ credits for participation in this activity due to reciprocal agreement with the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Scripps Health’s Primary Care in Paradise conference was designed by primary care physicians for primary care physicians and will present content from their unique perspective. This important CME conference will educate and promote improved patient outcomes in a broad range of therapeutic areas commonly encountered in the busy primary care practice. The 2020 conference will feature topics in cardiology, gastroenterology, rheumatology, neurology, and other common disease states providers come across in practice. In addition to an overview of the history and current science of a variety of specialty areas, the content will be presented in a very practical, patient-focused manner relevant to the specific primary care setting and challenges.
After attending this live activity, participants should be able to:
• Discuss the history, science and evidence of commonly encountered therapeutic areas.
• Integrate current trends in preventive health care into patient care strategies.
• Diagnose frequently encountered medical conditions using office examinations and formal diagnostic techniques.
• Formulate a comprehensive treatment program for various health issues, coordinating other team members within the practice to support the patient care strategy.
• Manage the specialist referral process: assess when to refer, recognize what the specialized treatment will consist of, and determine the role of the primary care physician in cohesive care and follow-up.
• Identify common overlapping or related conditions.
• Access and/or recommend resources for both physicians and patients to acquire additional information pertinent to a range of therapeutic areas.
• Employ new collaborative care team strategies that enhance the prevention, diagnosis and management of various medical conditions encountered in the office practice.
• Effectively discuss with patients their personal responsibilities in prevention and treatment.
• Presentation of a wide variety of therapeutic areas commonly encountered in primary and urgent care settings
• Practical and useful content, including pearls, additional resources, course materials, and recordings for later reference
• Dynamic and interactive formats including case studies, audience response system, and ample opportunities for Q&A
• Half-day schedule at one of Hawaii’s most popular vacation destinations allowing time for learning and relaxation
Time: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
View All Speaking
Critical Care Medicine
General Academic Pediatrics
Critical Care Medicine
|Contact No. :||858-652-6400|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians - Early Fee||30 Jan,2020||USD 725.00|
|Physicians - Standard Fee||23 Mar,2020||USD 750.00|
|Physicians - On Site Fee||30 Mar,2020||USD 800.00|
|Other Healthcare Professionals - Early Fee||30 Jan,2020||USD 550.00|
|Other Healthcare Professionals - Standard Fee||23 Mar,2020||USD 575.00|
|Other Healthcare Professionals - On Site Fee||30 Mar,2020||USD 625.00|