Early Intervention in Psychosis (EIP) Masterclass
Early Intervention in Psychosis (EIP) Masterclass is organized by Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience (IoPPN) and will be held on Apr 08, 2019 at King's College London, London, England, United Kingdom. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 7 CPD points.
People who experience a psychotic illness, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, can and do recover. However, long-term recovery is dependent on the early detection of psychotic symptoms and the delivery of timely and effective treatment. This one-day masterclass will provide an overview of the latest developments in early intervention in psychosis. It is aimed at both clinicians and researchers with an interest in the prediction, prevention and treatment of the illness. The masterclass, organised by the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience (IoPPN) at King’s College London, will be delivered by clinical academics with extensive experience in this area, including Professor Sir Robin Murray (IoPPN), Professor Philip McGuire (IoPPN), Professor Patrick McGorry (University of Melbourne) and Professor Peter Uhlhaas (University of Glasgow).
Attendees of the masterclass will develop in-depth understanding of:
• Rationale and evidence-base for early intervention in psychosis
• Strategies for early detection of psychosis in the community
• Latest developments in pharmacological and psychosocial interventions for early psychosis
• Addressing the physical health needs of people with early psychosis
• Substance misuse in early psychosis, and its implications for detection and treatment
• Current regulations, including NICE guidelines and the NHS Waiting Time Directive
As part of the package, attendees will receive an electronic copy of all teaching material, including slides of all presentations and current state-of-the-art key papers.
|Contact No. :||02078481198
April 05, 2019
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Standard Fee||01 Apr,2019||GBP 250.00|
|Student Fee||01 Apr,2019||GBP 125.00|