20th Annual Dermatology in the Keys "Derm for the Non-Derm" is organized by USF Health's Office of Continuing Professional Development and will be held from May 29 - Jun 02, 2019 at Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, Key West, Florida, United States of America.
Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and PCPs providing dermatologic services or those desirous of learning and enhancing their dermatologic diagnostic, therapeutic and procedural skills.
Physicians: USF Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
USF Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 29 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
This Live activity, 20th Annual Dermatology in the Keys "Derm for the Non-Derm", with a beginning date of 05/29/2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 29.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses: USF Health is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
A maximum of 29 contact hours may be earned by learners who successfully complete this continuing nursing education activity.
Breakdown of credit hours:
Main Conference: 19 hours
• Clinical Skills Workshop - 3 hours
• Dermatologic Surgery Workshop - 3 hours
• Electro/Cryo/Biopsy Workshop - 3 hours
• Dermoscopy Tutorial - 1 hour
There is an acute shortage of dermatologists in the United States. Dermatologists are shifting away from medical dermatology with many now focusing on cosmetic and oncologic procedures. Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners are rapidly becoming the medical dermatology providers as are primary care physicians. Medical and basic dermatologic surgery procedures have been identified as high priority in several needs assessment surveys for CME.
Several mini-symposia, focusing on the diagnosis and management of common skin problems likely to be encountered by providers will be presented by distinguished faculty.
Interactive workshops have been designed in this program to develop your dermatologic procedural skills, and challenge your diagnostic acumen.
Clinical Skills An interactive session designed to increase the participants’ ability to recognize and treat common skin disorders. Our most popular workshop!
• Enhance your diagnostic acumen
• Formulate a differential diagnosis
Dermatologic Surgery An introductory lecture followed by a “hands-on” workshop precepted by dermatologic surgeons in small group settings. Take your practice to the next level!
• Participants will “operate” on artificial skin to develop or refine their surgical techniques
• Emphasis will be placed on simple excisions with the opportunity to explore more complex flaps
• Instruments available for use during the workshop
SPACE IS LIMITED TO FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS! Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers Only.
Electrosurgery/Cryosurgery/Biopsy Lecture and “hands-on” workshop in electrodesiccation & curettage and cryosurgery techniques. Opportunity to practice shave & punch biopsy techniques on artificial skin.
• Demonstration by expert’s techniques on artificial skin.
• Up-to-date equipment available for practice
• Understand when, where and how to use this equipment
You should be doing these procedures! Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers Only.
Dermoscopy Tutorial Dermoscopy is a “cutting edge,” noninvasive technique utilizing a specialized magnifying device to greatly enhance diagnosis of skin lesions. With Dermoscopy, morphologic features are visible that cannot be detected by the naked eye alone. Enhance your diagnostic Skills!
• Increase your diagnostic accuracy for pigmented skin lesions in general and early invasive melanoma
• Learn pattern analysis
• Complimentary lunch
Upon the completion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
• Identify and manage common dermatologic disorders and skin lesions.
• Analyze the pathophysiology of the most common dermatologic problems such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, skin infections and skin tumors.
• Apply evidence-based knowledge to practice in order to improve outcomes for patients with psoriasis, acne & other common skin disorders.
• Interpret cutaneous abnormalities associated with serious underlying medical problems and internal malignancy
• Recognize common skin lesions and rashes that present in childhood
• Identify common skin infections and apply evidence-based knowledge to improve therapeutic outcomes.
• Recognize the clinical presentations of nonmelanoma skin cancers, melanoma, and pre-cancers.
• Utilize a practical approach for managing your patients at risk for skin cancer and update your knowledge of the treatment approaches, including surgery.
• Demonstrate use of dermoscopy as a tool assess skin lesions and determine when to biopsy pigmented lesions
• Assess the appropriate use of cryotherapy and electrosurgery along with the pitfalls.
• Differentiate between skin biopsy techniques and know when, why and how to perform them.
• Correctly document E/M services and accurately code for dermatological procedures.
• Appropriately utilize an understanding of the use of Botulinum Toxins, Fillers, lasers and IPL use in dermatology cosmetic procedures.
• Recognize aging skin changes and implement cosmetic interventions.
• Review basic dermatologic surgery techniques and suture materials.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Silver Pass (Includes registration, all workshops, reception for participant) Fee||28 May,2019||USD 1,575.00|
|MD/DO registration Early Fee||29 Apr,2019||USD 1,199.00|
|MD/DO registration Late Fee||28 May,2019||USD 1,275.00|
|Residents and mid-levels registration Early Fee||29 Apr,2019||USD 899.00|
|Residents and mid-levels registration Late Fee||28 May,2019||USD 975.00|
|Clinical Skills Workshop Fee||28 May,2019||USD 175.00|
|Dermatologic Surgery Workshop Fee||28 May,2019||USD 295.00|
|Electro/Cryo Surgery Workshop Fee||28 May,2019||USD 195.00|
|Dermoscopy Tutorial Workshop Fee||28 May,2019||USD 100.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news