16th Annual Natural Supplements: An Evidence-Based Update is organized by Scripps Conference Services & CME and will be held from Jan 09 - 13, 2019 at Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, San Diego, California, United States of America. The target audience for this medical event is any health care professional who makes nutritional recommendations or manages dietary supplement use.
Conference Objectives are:
• Recognize the potential role of supplements in preventive medicine and in the management of common medical conditions.
• Judge the regulatory aspects of the supplement industry and their implications for clinical and research practice.
• Discuss current research and literature related to natural supplements.
• Examine, through evidence-based summaries, key supplements used in clinical practice, including their indications, side effects, interactions and contraindications.
• Formulate a patient care treatment program that integrates supplements in preventive medicine and in the management of common medical conditions.
• Access and/or recommend resources for acquiring additional supplement related information for the clinician or patient.
• Increase proper supplement usage by patients by involving the patient as an active partner in care, with an emphasis on patient education, acceptance and compliance.
• Three days of evidenced-based educational sessions presented by internationally recognized researchers and clinicians
• Full day of interactive workshops to fine tune clinical applications
• Emphasis on disease states
• Newly designed pre-conference seminars which will provide an in-depth look at new cutting-edge topics
• Opportunities to network with faculty and fellow attendees to build relationships with like-minded practitioners
Robert Alan Bonakdar, MD, FAAFP, ABIHM , Mimi Guarneri, MD, FACC, ABIHM, Rauni Prittinen King, MIH, RN, HNB-BC, CHTP/I, David Kiefer, MD, Scot Bay, MD , Joseph M. Betz, PhD, Jeffrey S. Bland, PhD, FACN, CNS, Mark Blumenthal, Dale E. Bredesen, MD, Christopher R. D'Adamo, PhD, Sarah Dalhoumi, MD , Jane Foster, PhD , Patrick Hanaway, MD , Sharon Hausman-Cohen, MD, AAFP, AIHM, Mark Houston MD, MS, ABAARM, FACP, FAHA, FASH, FACN, Elizabeth Kaback, MD , David L. Katz, MD , Baljit Khamba, ND, MPH , Gauree Konijeti, MD , David Leopold, MD, Michael Lewis, MD , Tieraona Low Dog, MD, Erik Lundquist, MD, Ryan McNally, ND, MS , Sheila Patel, MD , Julie Reardon, MD, Mary Rondeau, ND , Robert C. Rountree, MD, Scott Shannon, MD, ABIHM , Sylvie Shuttleworth, PhD, Victor S. Sierpina, MD , P. Michael Stone, MD, MS , Chris Suhar, MD, Douglas Triffon, MD, Terry Wahls, MD, Emily Poccia, ND , Mary Hardy, MD, Leila Saldanha, PhD, RD , Paula Gardiner, MD
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Course Fee Details
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|