Evidence-based practice in the IVF laboratory
Evidence-based practice in the IVF laboratory is organized by European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) and will be held during May 17 - 19, 2018 at Royal Olympic Hotel, Athens, Attica, Greece. The target audience for this medical event is Embryologists, clinicians, andrologists, and scientists working in reproductive medicine
The IVF laboratory is where novel and less novel technologies and methodologies are not always applied with an appropriate validation of efficacy, efficiency, safety or quality. Equipment, culture media, manipulation techniques and screening methods ahave been developed and introduced, but not always on the basis of a sound scientific rationale for human IVF. The introduction of these novel techniques may also occur in the absence of animal testing as proof of safety or pilot clinical studies to indicate the beneficial implications of treatment. The course will review and critically assess those most widespread and significant introductions to the IVF laboratory, whose application does not conform entirely with the criteria of evidence-based medicine and remains controversial.
• To appreciate the value of evidence-based medicine in human IVF
• To review and critically assess the most notable examples of technologies and methodologies used in the IVF laboratory where proof of efficacy, efficiency, safety or quality is lacking or insufficient.
• To improve performance in the IVF laboratory
Educational needs and expected outcomes
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
• Describe the main criteria of evidence-based medicine
• Recognise and appraise the most controversial technologies and methodologies used in the IVF lab
• Apply this knowledge to improve performance of the IVF laboratory with the introduction of novel equipment and techniques
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||+32 (0)489 269 969|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Non-members of ESHRE - Early Fee||17 Apr,2018||EUR 350.00|
|Non-members of ESHRE - Regular Fee||16 May,2018||EUR 400.00|
|Members of ESHRE - Early Fee||17 Apr,2018||EUR 200.00|
|Members of ESHRE - Regular Fee||16 May,2018||EUR 250.00|
|Student members of ESHRE - Early Fee||17 Apr,2018||EUR 100.00|
|Student members of ESHRE - Regular Fee||16 May,2018||EUR 200.00|