Canadian Respiratory Conference (CRC) is organized by The Canadian Thoracic Society (CTS) and will be held during Apr 12 - 14, 2018 at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Conference Description :
This conference is the premier national educational and scientific meeting for the respiratory community in Canada. The conference will offer a broad scientific program developed by and for clinicians, scientists, multidisciplinary healthcare professionals and educators in our community who have developed excellent national and international reputations in respiratory medicine. The program will promote discussion of the most significant developments in clinical practice, research and education.
APR 12, 2018 :
Understanding the Past as a Way Forward: Engagement and Inclusivity in Indigenous Peoples’ Respiratory Health will be taught by Dr. Jeff Reading and Dr. Malcolm King. The learning objectives are :
• demonstrate understanding of Indigenous perspectives on health and wellbeing from a life course perspective;
• describe the historical, social, and policy-related determinants of health related to lung disease in Indigenous peoples; and
• explore a holistic model of Indigenous lung health care using examples from research, health education, policy and clinical arenas.
APR 13, 2018 :
Beyond the EMR: The Application of E-Health Technologies in Clinical Respiratory Care will be taught by Dr. Kendall Ho and Dr. Joe Cafazzo. The Learning objectives are :
• consider the policy implications of incorporating e-health data into their respiratory clinical practice;
• understand what opportunities and challenges exist in the use of e-health technologies and captured data to support patients with chronic pulmonary diseases;
• learn about the TEC4Home program: a health system implementation of wearables and remote monitoring for supporting patients discharged from hospital following an acute exacerbation of COPD; and
• discuss how the technologies and the data they collect can strengthen inter professional collaboration towards patient-centered care.
CIHR-ICRH/CTS Distinguished Lecture in Respiratory Sciences: Unraveling the Pathophysiology of Breathlessness in COPD will be taught by Dr. Denis O’Donnell. The learning objectives are :
• describe physiological mechanisms of dyspnea during physical exertion in patients with COPD;
• apply insights from clinical studies to understand ventilatory control and response; and
• identify approaches to alleviate dyspnea, increase functional capacity and improve quality of life in these patients.
APR 14, 2018 :
Cannabis and Lung Health: Understanding the New Canadian Reality will be taught by Dr. Mark Ware. The learning objectives are :
• appreciate the rationale for considering risks of cannabis on the lung;
• review the evidence for pulmonary effects of cannabis smoking; and
• discuss public health messages around cannabis smoking and vaporizing.
Conference Objectives are :
• apply updated, evidence-based scientific information to promote lung health in patients with respiratory disease;
• collaborate with other respiratory stakeholders, through communication, information-sharing, networking and partnership-building; and
• translate and integrate recent clinical research on the prevention, management and treatment of respiratory diseases.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Non-Member/Industry - Early Fee||02 Mar,2018||USD 595.00|
|Non-Member/Industry - Regular Fee||28 Mar,2018||USD 695.00|
|Non-Member/Industry - Late & On Site Fee||12 Apr,2018||USD 725.00|
|Non-Member Resident/Fellow/Student - Early Fee||02 Mar,2018||USD 250.00|
|Non-Member Resident/Fellow/Student - Regular Fee||28 Mar,2018||USD 300.00|
|Non-Member Resident/Fellow/Student - Late & On Site Fee||12 Apr,2018||USD 325.00|
|Member - Resident/Fellow/Student - Early Fee||02 Mar,2018||USD 225.00|
|Member - Resident/Fellow/Student - Regular Fee||28 Mar,2018||USD 275.00|
|Member - Resident/Fellow/Student - Late & On Site Fee||12 Apr,2018||USD 300.00|
|Member - CRHP - Early Fee||02 Mar,2018||USD 450.00|
|Member - CRHP - Regular Fee||28 Mar,2018||USD 550.00|
|Member - CRHP - Late & On Site Fee||12 Apr,2018||USD 570.00|
|Member - MD/PhD - Early Fee||02 Mar,2018||USD 475.00|
|Member - MD/PhD - Regular Fee||28 Mar,2018||USD 575.00|
|Member - MD/PhD - Late & On Site Fee||12 Apr,2018||USD 595.00|
|Lung Association Staff / Volunteer - Early Fee||02 Mar,2018||USD 450.00|
|Lung Association Staff / Volunteer - Regular Fee||28 Mar,2018||USD 550.00|
|Lung Association Staff / Volunteer - Late & On Site Fee||12 Apr,2018||USD 570.00|