Advancing Cardiovascular Care of the Oncology Patient is organized by American College of Cardiology (ACC) Foundation and will be held during Feb 16 - 18, 2018 at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, D.C., Washington, Dist Of Col, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is the cardiologist and cardiovascular advanced team members who are emerging into the field of cardio-oncology, specifically those providing cardiovascular clinical care to patients with cancer and cancer survivors.
The overall goal of this course is to provide clinically relevant, state-of-the-art, best practice strategies in the assessment, diagnosis and management of cardiovascular concerns for patients with cancer and/or those requiring survivorship care.
Conference Objectives are:
• Identify common cancer treatment therapies such as anthracyclines, Herceptin, and VEGF inhibitors role in cancer treatment, mechanism of action including cardiotoxicity and resulting cardiovascular disease impact.
• Recognize appropriate imaging modalities to assess cardiotoxicity, and distinguish the strengths and weaknesses of each cardiac monitoring modality, including echocardiography, strain, CT, MRI, and nuclear imaging
• Evaluate guidelines from the cardiology and oncology societies and how to incorporate into clinical practice
• Identify the cardiovascular concerns with newer cancer therapies including strategies for monitoring and treating cardiotoxicity and oncologic therapy
• Analyze the long-term surveillance and management plan critical for patients who have received high-risk systemic therapies such as anthracyclines and those treated with thoracic radiation
• Evaluate best practices for monitoring patients receiving cardiotoxic cancer therapies and know how to integrate findings into cardiovascular care plans.
• Identify optimal pharmacologic and lifestyle interventions to be instituted for cancer patients and survivors
• Identify best practices when developing the cardio-oncology team and building organizational frameworks
|Contact No.||:||(800) 253-4636,
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Non-member Physician (includes Industry Professional) - Regular Fee||20 Jan,2018||USD 775.00|
|Non-member Physician (includes Industry Professional) - Late and Onsite Fee||18 Feb,2018||USD 875.00|
|Non-member Reduced - Regular Fee||20 Jan,2018||USD 499.00|
|Non-member Reduced - Late and Onsite Fee||18 Feb,2018||USD 599.00|
|Member Physician (includes International Associate) - Regular Fee||20 Jan,2018||USD 545.00|
|Member Physician (includes International Associate) - Late and Onsite Fee||18 Feb,2018||USD 645.00|
|Member Reduced (includes CVT, FIT, Resident, Student and Emeritus - Regular Fee||20 Jan,2018||USD 395.00|
|Member Reduced (includes CVT, FIT, Resident, Student and Emeritus - Late and Onsite Fee||18 Feb,2018||USD 495.00|