In-Person EventJul 25 - 28, 2018Olympic Valley, California, USA
20th Annual Summer Conference on Pediatrics is organized by Symposia Medicus and will be held from Jul 25 - 28, 2018 at The Village at Squaw Valley, Olympic Valley, California, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is designed to provide physicians, nurse practitioners, PAs, nurses, and other healthcare professionals involved in the care of pediatric patients with up-to-date and evidence-based clinical data in Pediatrics. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 18 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
Course description :
The goal of this conference is to increase knowledge and enhance the competence of attendees. Emphasis will be placed on practical application of the evidence-based topics presented. Topics for this year’s conference have been selected based on the educational needs determined from the identified professional practice gaps. The gaps were derived from a variety of sources including evaluations and outcomes data from past participants; clinical expert input; Symposia Medicus’ online survey; and other medical and nursing data.
Course Objectives are :
As a result of participating in this conference, you should have increased knowledge and enhanced competence to:
• Manage common pediatric fractures
• Review important diagnostic tests including new blood pressure guidelines and testing for cholesterol and diabetes
• Design simple ways to engage adolescents and their families in the assessment and treatment of substance use disorders
• Give meningococcal vaccines based on CDC and AAP guidelines
• Apply a practical office-based approach to children with initial urinary tract infections, including diagnostic criteria and appropriate follow-up