The Royal Society of Medicine (RSM)
what we do:
The Royal Society of Medicine is one of the country's major providers of postgraduate medical education. Independent and apolitical, the Society provides a neutral platform for informed debate about important, often controversial, healthcare topics.
aims & objectives:
The Royal Society of Medicine aims to:
• provide a broad range of educational activities and opportunities for doctors, dentists and veterinary surgeons, including students, and for allied healthcare professionals
• promote an exchange of information and ideas on the science, practice and organisation of medicine, both within the health professions and with responsible and informed public opinion
To advance health, through education and innovation.
• To be the leading provider of high-quality continuing postgraduate education and learning to the medical profession.
• To actively encourage and support all those entering medicine and to be a significant provider of education to the wider healthcare team.
• We treat people with respect and dignity and expect others to do the same.
• We invest in people to help them develop and grow.
• We strive to continuously improve what we do by setting stretching objectives and measuring outcomes.
• We listen to colleagues, customers and collaborate to achieve more through new ideas.
• We carry out our intentions.