The British Institute of Radiology (BIR)
The British Institute of Radiology is the international membership organisation for everyone working in imaging, radiation oncology and the underlying sciences.
• Support the work of BIR members and their colleagues to achieve professional excellence
• Provide continuing professional development for BIR's multidisciplinary community
• Publish cutting edge research for BIR's authors and readers across the world
• Influence and connect with the wider professional sector
Working together to improve medicine, health and patient care through the science and practice of imaging and radiation oncology
• We believe in the value of multidisciplinary collaboration to combat disease;
• We believe that every effort should be made to optimise the use of radiation in healthcare and in the diagnosis and treatment of disease;
• We believe that research and education are vitally important; and consider all our members to be equal regardless of profession or grade.