Ohio Speech-Language-Hearing Association (OSLHA)
Founded in 1945, the Ohio Speech-Language-Hearing Association (OSLHA) is a professional association representing speech-language pathologists and audiologists throughout Ohio. OSLHA is recognized by the national American Speech-Language- Hearing Association (ASHA) as the official professional organization for Ohio. OSLHA members provide services for the evaluation and rehabilitation of communicative disorders. Members work in a variety of settings including: clinics, health care facilities, hospitals, private practice, schools, and universities. Members must abide by the OSLHA Code of Ethics.
Empowering Speech-Language Pathologists, Audiologists and Speech-Language and Hearing scientists to unlock communication for individuals with communication disorders.
Empowering our members by providing opportunities for professional development, advocacy, and leadership development necessary to foster excellence in the services provided to individuals with communication and related disorders.
• To represent the professional interests of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists in Ohio
• To advocate for service recipients by promoting quality prevention and intervention programs and educational opportunities for those with disorders of human communication
• To promote the highest standards of preparation and practice in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
• To promote professional growth and unity
• To promote public awareness and influence public opinion concerning the professions of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology and the needs of the communicatively handicapped
• To foster the adoption and practice of ethical principles in the field of communication disorders
• To encourage basic scientific research of processes of human communication and disseminate the results; and
• To encourage the interchange of information, affiliation, and cooperation with other professional and service organizations concerned with human communication and its disorders.