International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF)
The International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) is a registered not-for-profit, non-governmental foundation based in Switzerland. IOF has been granted Roster Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
IOF functions as a global alliance of patient societies, research organizations, healthcare professionals and international companies working to promote bone, muscle and joint health.
The IOF vision is a world without fragility fractures, in which healthy mobility is a reality for all.
To promote the maintenance of bone and musculoskeletal health as a worldwide priority.
• To motivate people to take action to maintain musculoskeletal health and prevent, diagnose and treat osteoporosis and related fragility fractures.
• To foster the education and training of physicians and allied health care professionals in the field of osteoporosis and musculoskeletal disorders
• To advocate for policy change so that musculoskeletal health and the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and fragility fractures becomes standard worldwide
• To promote medical innovation and to improve patient care in the field of osteoporosis and musculoskeletal disorders
• To collaborate closely with institutions or societies having similar objectives