Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics (APGO)
APGO represents academic obstetrician-gynecologists in the United States and Canada. It occupies a unique position in offering contemporary, applicable teaching tools for physician-educators, and learning mechanisms for faculty, students and residents, with the ultimate goal of providing optimum health care to women.
To promote excellence in women’s health care by providing optimal resources and support to educators who inspire, instruct, develop, and empower women’s health care providers to improve the quality of life for all women.
To be the global leader for improving women’s health through education.
• Commitment to teachers and teaching.
• Passion for excellence in women’s health care education.
• Collaboration among professionals.
• Innovation in educational tools, resources, and techniques.
• Maintain the following core competencies; medical knowledge, patient care, professionalism, interpersonal communication, practice-based learning: personal improvement, system-based practice: system improvement.