American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Georgia Chapter
The Chapter is a professional association of over 1800 members statewide, which includes both primary care pediatricians & pediatric sub-specialists.
The Georgia Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics is a non-profit organization with the following mission statement:
• To improve the health and welfare of all the infants, children and adolescents in the State of Georgia.
• To study the scientific, educational, social, economic and legislative aspects of medicine in order to secure and maintain the highest standards of practice in pediatrics.
• To promote excellence in pediatric care by organizing programs of post-graduate education.
• To unite qualified primary care pediatricians and pediatric medical & surgical subspecialists of the state into a representative organization for the advancement of the practice of pediatrics.
• To further the policies and the objectives of the American Academy of Pediatrics at the state and local level.