Uncontrolled Diabetes Webcast is organized by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (OSUMC) and will be held during Feb 10, 2017 - Feb 10, 2020. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.
Conference Description :
The program will describe the current state of diabetes, including the degree of glycemic control in the U.S. and the rationale for individualized glucose targets. The mechanisms of action, benefits, and drawbacks of individual therapies for type 2 diabetes will be described. National clinical practice guidelines will be utilized to illustrate a personalized approach for intensifying therapy, with particular emphasis on understanding the role of newer agents. New approaches for utilization of insulin will be described. Finally, the presentation will highlight the critical need for ongoing patient education and engagement.
Conference Objectives are :
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to:
• COMPARE and contrast the mechanisms of action, efficacy, side effects, and contra-indications of glucose lowering agents for type 2 diabaetes and
• UNDERSTAND how to intensify glucose lowering agents to meet individualized patient targets.
You’ll also learn about the following :
• The ideal hemoglobin A1C level
• The role of the diabetes educator
• When to referHome glucose monitoring
• Incorporating diabetes education into the primary care practice
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes