CME : 9.75
UCSF Pediatric and Adult Spine Surgery Course is organized by University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine and will be held on Sep 18, 2020. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 9.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
The UCSF Pediatric and Adult Spine Surgery Course is a one-day virtual event emphasizing pioneering trends in pediatric and adult spinal surgery. This course is designed to be interactive with didactic lectures given by leaders in the spine community. Participants will review and practice surgical principles and techniques in the treatment of complex spinal disorders. Expert lecturers will describe the state-of-the-art treatment for a variety of Pediatric and Adult Spinal Disorders. Interactive case presentations will allow learners to apply knowledge to improve decision making for complex spine pathology.
An attendee completing this course should improve skills and strategies to:
• Interpret and apply current, best available evidence to assess sagittal alignment in the adult and pediatric deformity patient;
• Evaluate and treat pain related to spinal disorders in a cost-effective and reliable manner based on recently published guidelines;
• Evaluate and treat lumbar degenerative disease and deformity in a cost-effective manner based on an evidence based approach and avoid case-to-morbidity risk;
• Avoid perioperative complications by identifying risk factors that may predispose individuals to perioperative morbidity;
• Determine modifiable risk factors and strategies for effective optimization;
• Diagnose spinal instability related to spinal tumors and formulate surgical treatment plans to address neurological deficits, pain, and instability in spine oncology patients based on published guidelines;
• Correlate radiographic findings to surgical anatomy as they pertain to the approach and techniques for minimizing complications;
• Refine and optimize treatment planning for adult and pediatric patients.
Residents, fellows, and surgeons wanting to broaden their hands-on experience will have the opportunity to improve skills in evaluating, case planning, and performing techniques to address various pediatric and adult spine pathologies.
SpecialtiesSpine surgery, Orthopedic Surgery
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine