Oropharyngeal Cancer Webcast is organized by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (OSUMC) and will be held during Apr 07, 2017 - Apr 07, 2020. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.
Conference Description :
Our presenter hopes to provide a basic overview of oropharynx cancer for the primary care provider. He hopes to highlight some common patterns of presentation of patients with oropharynx cancer. He will highlight the link between HPV and oropharynx cancer and how the HPV epidemic has changed the face of head and neck cancer. Finally, Dr Kang will describe three cases of HPV related oropharynx cancer that highlight the presentation, workup, and treatment of oropharynx cancer.
Conference Objectives are :
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to:
• UNDERSTAND the common patterns of clinical presentation of oropharynx cancer; and
• RECOGNIZE the role of HPV in the development of oropharynx cancer, and the way HPV has changed head and neck cancer.
You’ll also learn about the following :
• Diagnostic challenges of oropharyngeal cancer
• Causes of oropharyngeal cancer
• Laryngeal cancer versus oropharyngeal cancer
• Non-squamous cell oropharyngeal cancers
• Parotid gland tumors
• Dysphagia after oropharyngeal cancer treatment
• Speech and taste after oropharyngeal cancer treatment
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.