CME : 13
Contact Hours : 13
Skin of Color Update 2020 is organized by SanovaWorks and will be held from Sep 12 - 13, 2020. This course has been approved for a maximum of 8 CME Points.
September 12: 8.5
September 13 = 4.5
Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 13 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education designates this activity for 13 contact hours for nurses. Nurses should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Fresh, New Practical Pearls, Immediately Useful
Skin of Color Update 2020 (previously Skin of Color Seminar Series) is the largest CE event dedicated to trending evidence-based research and new practical pearls for treating skin types III – VI. Attendees leave with critical annual updates and fresh practical pearls in skin of color dermatology. Earn CE in New York City with direct access to elite experts and an experience unmatched by any other event in dermatology.
Register now for this 2-day, case-based event, attended by over 300 dermatology experts.
Upon completion of the seminar, participants should be able to:
• Differentiate skin color classification systems to categorize common skin disorders and cutaneous diseases in patients with skin of color.
• Cite key differences in the skin structure and how it relates to diagnosing and treating common ethnic skin disorders including acne vulgaris, pigment disorders, psoriasis, systemic lupus erythematosus, sarcoidosis, hidradenitis suppurativa, etc.
• Formulate multiple treatment strategies that may be more effective when treating common skin disorders in patients with skin of color.
• Evaluate data from recent clinical trials of biologic response modifiers as treatment options for collagen vascular diseases and granulomatous acne form disorders.
• Detect and manage common skin conditions in skin of color pediatric patients.
• Integrate optimal psoriasis treatment plans utilizing biological agents in patients with skin of color.
• Recognize the unique structural nuances of ethic facial anatomy and impact on the natural aging process.
• Identify the efficacy and safety of laser use in patients with skin types of IV to VI, with fewer risks of epidermal adverse events.
• Assess appropriate laser settings for treatments of skin of color patients.
• Identify strategies for the use of neurotoxins, hyaluronic acid fillers for volumization and rejuvenation of the ethnic face including specific anatomical considerations and approaches for the lips, nasolabial folds and chin.
• Describe strategies and techniques for injection and vector placement of neurotoxins and fillers to obtain optimal results and to preempt complications.
• Cite common aesthetic cultural and ethnic practices that may increase occurrence of common skin problems.
The Experts’ Forum for Multicultural Dermatology
Continuing Education on the Unique Dermatologic Needs of Fitzpatrick III-VI Skin Types
Topics include Hair Loss, Acne, Rosacea, Skin Care with Cosmeceuticals, PRP, Psoriasis, Scalp Psoriasis, Skin Cancer, Atopic Dermatitis, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Nail and Fungal Disorders. Live Demonstrations with Fillers, Injectables, Peels, Lasers, Light and Energy-based Devices for Acne, Pigmentation, Skin Tightening, and Region-specific Facial Rejuvenation: Perioral, Periorbital, Volume Loss, etc.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
The intended audience for this event includes dermatologists, dermatology residents/fellows, dermatology nurse practitioners and physician assistants specializing in diagnosis, management and treatment of patient outcomes in medical, surgical and aesthetic dermatology.
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Physician - US Fee||11 Sep,2020||USD 49.00|
|Dermatology Residents and Post Residency Fellows US Fee||11 Sep,2020||USD 49.00|
|Dermatology NPs and PAs - US Fee||11 Sep,2020||USD 49.00|
|Dermatology Nurses, Aestheticians, Medical Staff, Medical Students, Research Fellow, Office Staff US Fee||11 Sep,2020||USD 49.00|
|Non-US Dermatology MD, NP, PA Fee||11 Sep,2020||USD 49.00|
|PhD/Industry/Non Medical/PharmD/Allied Health Fee||11 Sep,2020||USD 999.00|
35 30 +1
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine