Restorative Medicine Herbal Certification is organized by Association for the Advancement of Restorative Medicine (AARM) and will be held from Mar 01, 2019 - Jun 01, 2020.
Are you inspired to learn the foundations about how to use herbs to improve treatment outcomes, but don’t know where to start? Finally, there’s a botanical medicine program designed for busy physicians like you. Earn up to 60 CME Credits!
The Restorative Medicine Herbal Certification program fills an existing gap in botanical medicine education for practitioners whose medical education did not include herbs. Other herbal medicine programs take hundreds of hours to complete, and they are designed to teach traditional herbal medicine to students with little or no medical background. They teach lengthy lists of herbs, many of which you’ll never use.
The traditional approach isn’t practical for a busy practicing integrative physician. That’s why we created the Restorative Medicine Herbal Certification program, designed to offer concise, clinically relevant education on modern herbal treatments. The program builds on your existing clinical experience; expands your proficiency in natural treatments; and offers flexibility to fit into your busy schedule.
Courses are presented by experts in their field, who have both extensive herb knowledge and clinical experience. The faculty is diverse — including MDs, NDs, PhDs, and DCs - in order to bring a balanced perspective from many points of view. These experts will share real case studies and deliver botanical medicine treatment concepts that are proven to get results in the real world.
The program is delivered via a combination of in-person events, online webinars and on demand recordings, all designed to accommodate your busy schedule.
What You Will Learn:
• Drug, herb and nutrients interactions
• Herb safety and contraindications, based on clinical experiences, not theoretical research
• How to evaluate herb supplement quality
• Gain confidence in using therapeutic dosing for clinical results
Here’s how the Restorative Medicine Herbal Certification program is structured:
• Complete a total of 60 hours of learning over 18 months. Earn up to 50 CME credits for the botanical
medicine program (plus 10 additional CME credits from the annual conference).
• Travel is required for only two live events. The remainder of courses are completed via scheduled webinars
and convenient on-demand recordings.
• To earn certification, you must:
• Attend the 2019 Annual International Restorative Medicine Conference in San Diego, September 12-15
(annual conference registration is included in cost of the program).
• Attend one of these three-day herb seminars in 2019: either March 18-20 at the Desert Botanical Garden
in Phoenix, Arizona or May 14-16 at the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden in Coral Gables, Florida (near
• Participate in six, 2-hour live, interactive webinars from the convenience of your home.
• Complete 20 hours on demand recordings and pass related quizzes from the convenience of your home.
• Pass a final exam at the end of the 18-month program.
• On demand learning starts as soon as you sign up!
Integrative Medicine, Functional Medicine, Herbal medicine