Pregnancy and Nutrition is organized by Healthcare Made Practical (HMP) Communications LLC and will be held from Jul 17, 2015 - Jul 17, 2021.
This enduring activity is designed for primary care physicians, nurses, physician assistants, registered dietitians, certified diabetes educators, pharmacists, nutritionists, and other related healthcare professionals.
NACCME designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This continuing nursing education activity awards 1 contact hour.
CPE for Pharmacists:
This activity is approved for 1 contact hour (.1 CEU) of continuing pharmacy education (UAN JA0006201-0000-18-047-H01-P).
• Discuss BMI-based weight gain recommendations during pregnancy
• Describe impact of inadequate and excessive weight gain
• Explain change in resting basal metabolism and caloric needs during pregnancy in each trimester
• Assess obligatory weight changes per pregnancy and non-obligatory weight
• Describe the effects of excessive fetal weight gain
• Describe changes in the gastrointestinal system during pregnancy
• List the latest recommendations on exercise during pregnancy
• Describe the latest research on maternal nutrition and outcomes
• Contrast the risks and benefits of popular diets during pregnancy
• Describe medical disorders requiring special nutritional counseling during pregnancy
• Describe how to accommodate for religious dietary observances
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.