Practical Approach to Soft Tissue Pathology Webinar is organized by United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) and will be held during Aug 05, 2017 - Mar 31, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is Practicing academic and community pathologists, and pathologists-in-training. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Conference Description :
Accurate diagnosis of soft tissue tumors is critical for appropriate therapy. Over-diagnosis (interpretation of a benign entity as malignant) may lead to aggressive and unnecessary surgical procedures, while under-diagnosis (interpretation of a malignant tumor as benign) may result in higher recurrence rates, metastases and potentially a second more mutilating surgery. Soft tissue tumors are a large and diverse group of rare neoplasms representing less than 1% of adult solid tumors, and the majority of general surgical pathologists do not encounter these specimens on a regular basis.
This highly respected faculty offers you the opportunity to experience a panorama of challenging soft tissue lesions that you might not otherwise encounter in your practice. Learn from the best how to diagnose and classify them, what are the genetic and molecular characteristics emerging from soft tissue tumor subtypes, and what you need to become skilled at diagnosing, or at least triaging, these unusual lesions.
Conference Objectives are :
• Review the morphology of a comprehensive set of benign and malignant soft tissue tumors
• Recognize key features of common benign entities to avoid misclassification as malignant
• Understand basic principles in working up lipomatous, peripheral nerve sheath and smooth muscle tumors
• Recognize common mimics of sarcomas including sarcomatoid carcinoma and spindle cell melanoma
• Understand the rationale for molecular testing in soft tissue tumors
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Activity Payment Details
Reviews Given by Professionals
Browse by Specialty (Online CME/CE Only) View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine