Online Introduction to Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) and Kinesiology Taping
Online Introduction to Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) and Kinesiology Taping is organized by HawkGrips®.
This online introduction walks through the history and research of IASTM and kinesiology taping and their mechanisms of action. Learn the basic IASTM strokes and kinesiology taping applications and how to combine both into your practice to enhance patient outcomes.
This 2 hour introductory course is designed to give an overview of the research and basis for instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM) and kinesiology taping. This is a home-study course and therefore does not teach clinicians how to perform IASTM and kinesiology tape but instead review the relevant physiology and most current evidence on the theories behind IASTM as well as the key fundamentals of the technique. Clinicians should always perform treatments within their clinical scope. At the end of the course, participants will take a 15-question quiz to ensure comprehension and must pass with a score of 75% or better.
• Describe the history of IASTM and kinesiology taping
• Define the 4 main theories on how IASTM works
• Identify at least 4 precautions and contraindications to IASTM
• Identify at least 4 precautions and contraindications to kinesiology taping
• Name at least 3 kinesiology taping cuts
• Describe the 10 stages of proper kinesiology taping application as outlined in the course
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine