OASIS-C2 and the Comprehensive Assessment is organized by Nurse.com - OnCourse Learning Corporation and will be held from Aug 16, 2017 - Aug 31, 2020. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.0 Contact Hours.
OASIS stands for Outcome and Assessment Information Set. It is a 100-plus item dataset that is used to assess home care patients. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ Conditions of Participation for home health agencies requires a comprehensive assessment of patients that includes the OASIS dataset for all Medicare/Medicaid non-maternity adult patients receiving intermittent skilled care. (Some insurers and agencies use the OASIS to assess all their patients). This continuing education program introduces the OASIS dataset, its relationship to a comprehensive patient assessment, and how the OASIS is used for assessment, care planning, quality improvement, and agency reimbursement.
Goal and Learning Outcomes :
The goal of this continuing education program is to provide home healthcare clinicians with information about accurate assessment and data collection using the Outcomes and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) to promote optimal assessment, patient-specific care planning, quality measurement, and appropriate reimbursement.
After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
• Describe the OASIS and its role in assessment and care planning
• Identify terms related to an OASIS assessment
• State the strict conventions mandated for completing OASIS items
• Discuss the relationship between the Conditions of Participation for Home Health Agencies, the comprehensive assessment, and the OASIS dataset
• Identify the quality and reimbursement purposes of the OASIS assessment
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Epidemiology, Research and Clinical Research