CME : 1
It's Just a Stage 1 Pressure Injury. Or is it Course for Pharmacist is organized by ContinuingEducation.com - OnCourse Learning Corporation.
Release Date: Jul 17, 2017
Expiration Date: Jul 17, 2020
The target audience for this medical event is interprofessional audience, including nurses, nursing assistants, dietitians, occupational therapists, pharmacists and physical therapists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.00 Contact Hours.
Course Description :
Under pressure: just a blanchable event or an underlying injury? It can be much more difficult to distinguish a deeper tissue injury from a stage 1 injury when assessing darker skin tones versus very light skin tones. The National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel modified descriptive language from pressure ulcer to pressure injury in 2016. Since skin can look very different based on an individual’s skin tone, it’s important to fortify assessment skills with tips you can use to help prevent “missed” deeper injuries.
Conference Objectives are :
The goal of this presentation is to describe the differences between deep tissue injuries and stage 1 pressure injuries, especially in dark skin tones. Upon completion of this webinar, learners will be able to:
• Explain the differences between deep tissue injuries and stage 1 pressure injuries.
• Identify risk factors for patients who develop deep tissue injuries and stage 1 pressure injuries.
• Collaborate interprofessionally with members of the healthcare team to address prevention of skin injuries.
Emergency Medicine, Plastic Surgery
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine