Introduction to Vestibular Rehabilitation and Concussion
Introduction to Vestibular Rehabilitation and Concussion is organized by DConline.
This four hours course will focus on the anatomy and physiology of the vestibular system and how to evaluate for dysfunctions in this area with a focus on the effects of concussion. Initial rehabilitation for the patient with vestibular involvement will also be discussed.
• Anatomy & Physiology: This module will focus on the components, location and functioning of the vestibular system. It will also detail how the system works to maintain balance and introduces some of the measures used to determine when the system is not working as it should. Approximate time to complete: 30 minutes.
• Equilibrium and Balance: This module will focus on how the vestibular system contributes to equilibrium and balance and how injury to this area can impact these functions. Approximate time to complete: 45 minutes.
• Concussion and Dizziness: This module will review the topic of concussion and how it is assessed as well as the two types of concussion and how the vestibular system plays a role in the labyrinthine. Approximate time to complete: 45 minutes.
• Assessment: This module will discuss the various types of assessment for both concussion and vestibular disorders and how the various parts come together for care of the patient. Approximate time to complete: 45 minutes.
• Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV): This module will review the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of BPPV. Approximate time to complete: 45 minutes
• Vestibular Rehabilitation: This module will review the various forms of vestibular rehab while providing several practical examples to incorporate in practice for the care of patients with these dysfunctions, including post-concussion. Approximate time to complete: 30 minutes.
• Conclusion: This section will summarize the key topics of the course and emphasize the impact of vestibular disorders in the patient care we provide. Approximate time to complete: 5 minutes.
- CEUs : 4
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine