Interactive Self-Assessment and Addiction Medicine Board Exam Preparation 2018 is organized by California Society of Addiction Medicine (CSAM) and will be held from Sep 01, 2018 - Sep 01, 2021.
15 AMA/PRA Category 1 Credits™
This Course consists of the following sections:
Module 1: Interactive Self-Assessment (9 CMEs)
• Features nearly 400 updated board-style questions with feedback and/or references for each, organized by topic areas similar to those on the ABPM exam. You may take the quiz multiple times to practice.
• The question bank was refreshed in 2018 by a volunteer group of physicians. If you have any questions or feedback about the question bank, please use the "Contact Us" tab above. We welcome and appreciate your input.
Module 2: Board Exam Prep Workshop Videos (6 CMEs)
• Features 13 videos (6 hours total) from the Addiction Medicine Board Exam Preparation workshop in San Francisco on August 29, 2018.
Module 3: Addiction Medicine Study Guide
• High-value material (key articles) to prepare for the exam. Culled from various sources, organized by topic.
• 12 Step Recovery
• Co-occurring Psychiatric Disorders
• Drug Testing
• Emergency Department Presentation
• Ethics and Legal
• Hallucinogens, Club Drugs
• Medical Co-Morbidities
• Neurobiology of Addiction
• Non-Substance Addictions
• Pain and Addiction
• Pregnancy and Addiction
• Psychosocial Interventions
This course is designed to assist learners in assessing their competence in subject areas that comprise addiction medicine, and plan further study as needed.