Influenza: Cardiovascular Risks and Considerations During the COVID-19 Pandemic is organized by Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association (PCNA).
Learn why the flu vaccine is especially important for individuals with a history of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) and stroke, as well as the complications associated with influenza. We’ll also discuss vaccine adherence strategies in the era of Covid-19 and provide practical clinical takeaways you can apply as we head into flu season this year.
• Describe the burden and potential complications of influenza
• Discuss the relationship between influenza and cardiovascular disease
• Discuss the impact of influenza vaccination as it relates to cardiovascular outcomes
• Highlight the various influenza vaccine options available
• Describe influenza immunization rates in adults, health disparities and identify opportunities for improvement
• Describe the relationship between COVID-19 and cardiovascular disease and summarize current immunization recommendations
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.