IMwo-Internal Medicine – Women’s Health: Coronary Artery Disease, Parts 1 & 2; Anemia is organized by American Medical Seminars (AMS), Inc.
Original Release Date: July 1, 2020
Expiration Date: July 1, 2023
TOPIC 1: Women and CAD, Part 1: Risk Factors
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: EBM, COMP
• Distinguish the different effects of risk factors on women and risk factors that are unique to women
• Appropriately assess cardiovascular risk and order appropriate screening tests
• Recognize the differences in the presentation of acute coronary syndromes in women
• Utilize evidence-based therapies for the treatment of ACS in women
TOPIC 2: Women and CAD, Part 2: The Woman with Chest Pain and MI
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: COMP, EBM
• Recognize the different ways that coronary artery disease may manifest in women
• Use appropriate testing strategies for women with chest pain using evidence-based medicine
• Distinguish the etiologies of chest pain in women without obstructive coronary artery disease
• Apply appropriate strategies for the counseling and treatment of women with chest pain
TOPIC 3: Anemia – A Finding, Not Yet a Diagnosis.
Upon completion of this session, using the Cochrane Abstract Database and AAFP Guidelines, the participant should be able to: GL, COMP
• Distinguish the etiologies for the common anemias.
• Construct the diagnostic evaluation to determine the etiology of each
• Develop the therapeutic options for each identified anemia.
• Formulate the appropriate follow-up evaluations for assessing the treatment efficacy